Healthy, Low Fat, Slowcooker Taco Turkey Chili
It’s a timeless adage: slowcooker meals are SO a convenient. Just toss a couple ingredients in the crockpot, give it a few hours and bodaboom bodabang, you’ve got yourself a meal. One of my favorite slowcooker recipes is an adaptation from my mother-in-law’s taco chili recipe, but I’ve shrunk it down to more of a two person friendly size (with enough leftovers for a few days.) Not only is this recipe healthy, it’s also very inexpensive to make. Follow the recipe below for a delicious meal that’s low in fat but tasty enough to seem like good old fashioned comfort food.
Healthy Slowcooker Taco Turkey Chili
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 taco seasoning packet (original or spicy, depending on your preference)
- 1, 28.5 oz can crushed tomatoes (add an extra 14 oz can for a more tomatoey chili)
- 2 cans red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can whole kernal corn
- optional: 1 tablespoon chili flakes and/or 1 tablespoon Tapatio sauce
Add all ingredients to crockpot, mix with spoon, and cook on low for 8 hours/high 4 hours
Makes enough for 8–10 servings
Leftovers can be easily frozen for several months and used later for a convenient meal
If you want to add a little more “comfort” to this healthy food, add a dollop of sour cream and a little bit of cheddar cheese. 😉👌🏼
And btw, Winco seems to have the best canned food prices I’ve found.